2020 Town Election
Below is a list of commonly asked questions and corresponding answers about the upcoming election. If there are any further questions about the election, they can be addressed to the Hanover County Voter Registration & Elections Office. The Hanover County Voter Registration & Elections Office can be reached by EMAIL or by phone at (804) 365-6080.
- Q: When is the election?
- A: The election is on Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
- Q: Where do I cast my vote?
- A: The polling location for this election is Ashland Town Hall, which is located at 101 Thompson Street, Ashland, VA 23005.
- Q: What time do the polls open and close?
- A: Town Hall will open to voters at 6:00 AM. Polls will close at 7:00 PM.
- Q: I would like to vote but I am not registered. Where can I register to vote?
- A: Access the Hanover County Voting Webpage for registration information.
- Q: When is the registration deadline?
- A: The last day to register or update your voter registration information for the May 2020 election has not been set yet but is generally 3-4 weeks before the election day.
- Q: I can not vote on election day. How do I vote absentee?
- A: Access the Hanover County Voting Web page for absentee voting information.
- Q: I am on active duty in the United States Military and cannot vote in person on May 5th. How do I vote absentee?
- A: Read the most recent Hanover County Official Election Notice to learn about resources available to you.
Individuals interested in running for one of the three seats must follow the Virginia Department of Elections's candidacy filing requirements, like collecting 125 signatures of Town residents, to qualify as a candidate in the Town Council Election. Candidate filing begins January 2, 2020 but deadlines have not been set at this time.
Download this form for more information on running for Town Council: Town Council Candidacy Information